(NEW YORK) -- Keith Olbermann, who filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against Current TV last year, has settled the matter.
The Hollywood Reporter says Olbermann and the cable network reached a settlement during a private mediation session on Tuesday. The terms of the agreement will not be made public.
Last March, Olbermann was abruptly fired by Current TV. A few days later, he filed his lawsuit, claiming that the network did not give him full control of his Countdown show as promised, and disparaged him publicly. He said he was owed between $50 million to $70 million in damages from the network.
Current TV countered with its own lawsuit against Olbermann, alleging that the left-leaning commentator failed to properly promote the network, refused to participate in special coverage of Republican caucuses and primaries, and took unauthorized leave from Countdown.
Current TV was sold to Al Jazeera earlier this year.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio